My First Wedding!


Some of you may or may not know that it is my life long dream to one day become a professional photographer. I am working towards that with every moment I capture! And recently I was surprised (by my sweet parents) with a chance to shoot a wedding! I was soooooooooooo excited! I mean this would be like getting to play in the NFL for a high school quarterback, or baking a cake for the Queen of England when all you've done so far is make a few goodies for your friends and family! O.K...... maybe I'm blowing this a little out of proportion, but the point is I was excited, and nervous. "What are the couple like? Will they have certain instructions for me? How can I help the other photographer? How will I do during the ceremony? What lens should I use for what shot?" As you can imagine I had a "few" questions. ;) But the most amazing thing happened. Once I got there I just dove right in! It wasn't always easy and I learned some valuable lessons that have helped me immensely, but I couldn't believe how much fun I was having! I truly love doing this, and I'll be doing it for quite some time!

I just love steeples at weddings!

The low angle makes this shot so beautiful!

I'm enjoying my new lens! It does alot of new stuff I couldn't do before.

So pretty!

The detail on this dress is exquisite!

Getting ready makes great "in the moment" pics.
Cute shoes!

Isn't she adorable!


It was a gorgeous gown!

Nothing is like that stroll down the aisle.
She was so radiant!

He beamed the entire time.

Don't they look happy!
I know this isn't the best of photos, but I loved seeing him peek during the prayer.

This little girl was so shy, but she loved dancing, so I finally caught her doing her little dance!

The reception was at a beautiful hotel! They had gorgeous stained glass chandeliers!

I loved the bedazzle on her veil!
I love this one! It's so retro!

Fuzzy lights!!!!

 There are always at least one or two of these at every wedding!
Can you say GOOFBALL!

My favorite pic of the whole wedding! They are so sweet together!

Now here are three of the best photos of the bride and groom.
Which is your favorite?






I hope you enjoyed this wedding because I know I did!
I especially loved it when the father of the groom called and said that the last time he spoke to the bride,
she was screaming, she was so excited about the pictures!
Loved getting that kind of feedback!
So thanks again for stopping by, and please come back anytime!
Until next time...chow!


Comments

  1. Congratulations! These pictures are beautiful! You are certainly gifted and off to a great start!!! Loved the "peeking prince" at the alter! The picture of the bride and her dad walking the aisle is really great too! Recently, I was asked to take a picture of the groom as he got his first glimpse of his bride coming down the aisle. The bride's mom framed it for her daughter, especially for those days when she'd ask herself "why in the world did I ever marry this guy?" I was blessed with a great shot! Have fun with your new adventure, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Natalie! I loved the "peeking prince" too! That's the perfect name for that pic too! That must have been a great shot! And a smart move by the mother of the bride ;) lol

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts