The Black and White Photograph


There is something about the class of the black and white photograph.  The use of the inappropriate slang of the word photo, image, or shot just doesn't seem to do it justice when its shades are all in black and white.  For some reason when a good image is changed from color to black and white it becomes more regal, poetic, or classic.

Hello again everyone.  It's been quite a while since I've been on here but I've recently been inspired by my sister and fellow blogger canttheyoungmindfly.blogspot.com

So I've decided to once again brave the world wide web and to start writing.  With grad school, my job, and my family it won't be easy, but I'm hoping I'll see it as an outlet.  A place to send my thoughts out into the world.

This gorgeous bridge is the Franklin Bridge in Philly Pennsylvania that crosses over the Delaware.  My family and I ran down to Penn's Landing and waved hello to New Jersey. (Like they do in the Movie "You Got Mail") lol.  It was so peaceful standing on the pier in a full length navy wool coat, watching the seagulls veer back and forth, feeling the strong wind on our faces.  A poetic moment indeed.




This beautiful atrium below is located in the Curtis Center in downtown Philadelphia Pennsylvania.  Underneath it were beautiful flowering plants, marble floors, a giant Christmas tree and an amazing 15 × 49-foot mosaic of more than 100,000 pieces of glass called The Dream Garden.  This place captured my heart with all of its beauty but the skylight most of all.  Probably because it surprised me.  I looked up and my breath left me.  I love when a beautiful place continues to amaze.  This photograph represents a moment of being overwhelmed by sheer joy.  
A point where my heart was filled to bursting.  I wish you could have been there.  




It's good to be back ;)  Let's have some fun!





Signing off for now...

Comments

Popular Posts