Being Happy Doesn't Just Happen



So,

I found this great website recently: Positively Present

She's (Dani) very positive and uplifting, which is always a plus.  Not many sources in the world today (especially on the internet) are positive.

Anyway, I was on her website looking back at old posts and I found one I really loved.
Here it is: http://www.positivelypresent.com/2009/07/happiness-doesnt-just-happen-1.html

I loved this post because it talks about being happy.  Not only being happy, but the choice to be happy.  Every once in a while I'll notice something about myself, and I'll stop and ask, "Why am I unhappy?"

Very soon after asking the question I get frustrated and decide there is nothing to be happy about becasue I'm super busy, or super stressed, or work is crazy, or this person isn't being very nice to me, or this situation isn't going as planned....etc. etc. etc.  You get the idea.

But I've been learning a lesson recently.  I have a choice.
I can be happy EVEN when I'm busy or stressed.  I can decide to let that other person's problem, BE that other person's problem, and not take that upon myself to solve.

I'm learning (with the help of sources like these and the patience of my dearest mother) that being happy doesn't just happen.  No circumstance, no event, no person is just going to come into my life and be my "make it all better pill."  I decide.  I choose to be happy.  Today.

If the only reason you have to be happy today is a song on the radio, or the butterfly that rested on your shoulder, or the fact that you know who you are and the fact that you have one more day to get up and start again...that is reason enough.

Be happy my friends.  Be happy.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts